Who’s Using New Media in Local Politics?

Most local politicians are taking a fairly mainstream and conservative approach toward using social media and the internet. The smart ones are using a balanced approach, while some, like Henry Rizzo, don’t even have a website. The information age might not be helpful if the more people know about you, the more they prefer Crystal Williams. I wrote a column about local politics and new media at the KCFreePress.

8 Responses to “Who’s Using New Media in Local Politics?”

Does Beth have a website?

So is Dan implying that those without web sites are not smart?

3. admin says:

Pretty big stretch there, anonymous. Short answer, no.

I must have misread “The smart ones are using a balanced approach, while some, like Henry Rizzo, don’t even have a website.”

Beth is not stupid.

I agree entirely, early morning anonymous. That’s why I pointed out the outrageous argumentative stretch by 9:34. Beth’s re-election will not happen until 2011; she does not need an impressive web presence at this point to defeat any opponent she may face. Right now, she is doing exactly what she needs to do to win re-election by working hard and taking smart positions. We are lucky to have her on the council.

So you predict that she will have an impressive web presence if she faces an opponent such that one is called for?

Also — your time clock is off. Your post shows up at 3:14 am yet it is not yet even 3 am your time.

I just fixed the clock – technical details are not my strong point.

I’m not even thinking about Ms. Gottstein’s reelection at this point.